Sunday, March 19, 2017

Luncheon





It’s been a while since I was looking for a legitimate pop-punk band. It often occurs at a hit-or-miss rate since I am no fan to the genre. My knowledge of the pop-punk scene here was miniscule when I was starting out. Most of my peers who were scouting for a good one were looking so hard as they can to give me an impressive act to follow but I am lucky enough to stumble upon this new band by the end of 2016 and I can’t wait for the official release of their debut EP.

Luncheon is a three-piece pop-punk band from Marikina and they’ve been playing in small indie circuits (most notably Red Ninja Production). Their music brings in substance more than any other pop punk band as far as I know. With the help of a Typecast member mixing their debut EP that is slated to release later this year. Their songwriting isn’t whiny and their sound is mature. They aren’t generic like any other “break-down”, “guitar solo heavy” pop punk music nor it is a State Champs/TSSF/Neck Deep one.

Luncheon takes the spotlight as one of the bands that everyone in any genre should check out. Their debut EP are one of my most anticipated releases in 2017. Links of the project will be posted once the EP is released.



LUNCHEON - DEADLINES MUSIC VIDEO

No comments: